Rory McIlroy wins Arnold Palmer Invitational Armed with new TaylorMade M3 Driver
Rory McIlroy's triumphant victory at Bay Hill is the 6th on PGA TOUR for TaylorMade's new M3 & M4 Drivers this season. © Getty Images
What You Need to Know:
- Rory McIlroy plays a full 14 club bag of TaylorMade product, featured by his M3 460 driver. He added a new Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 70X shaft in this week, which he averaged 316.5 yards off the tee and recorded the second longest drive of the week at 373 yards.
- In addition to his driver, Rory plays both a 15° & 19° M3 fairway, each equipped with a Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 80X shaft.
- Rory's irons, the P730 Rors Proto, have been in his bag since he joined Team TaylorMade last May. He has them equipped with his trusted Project X 7.0s.
- Looking for some consistency with a his putter leading into the Masters, Rory asked the TaylorMade Tour team to build him a TP Copper Soto to spec. It's built at 34.25" with 2.75° of loft and a total weight of 508g at a D1 swingweight. The result? McIlroy led the field in Strokes Gained: Putting, where he took more than 2.5 strokes on the field, on average, per round. The TP Copper putter will be available at retail on April 20.
- Like TaylorMade stablemates Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm and Justin Rose, Rory McIlroy also has a new Milled Grind Hi-Toe wedge in the bag, which he's praised from the first day he put it into play.
- TaylorMade’s 2018 M Drivers featuring Twist Face Technology now have victories in 6 PGA Tour events this season, with Rory joining TaylorMade stablemates Dustin Johnson, Jon Rahm, Jason Day, Gary Woodland & Paul Casey as tournament champions winning with Twist Face on Tour.
- With 44 in play, TaylorMade drivers led all manufacturers at Bay Hill, , there are more players with the #1 Driver in Golf in their bag than any other brand; more than Callaway and Ping combined.
Rory's Winning Bag at the Arnold Palmer Invitational:
M3 460 Driver | 8.5° | Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro Orange 70X
M3 Fairway | 15° | Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 80X
M3 Fairway | 19° | Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 80X
P750 Tour Proto 4-iron | True Temper Project X 7.0
P730 Rors Proto Irons | True Temper Project X 7.0
Milled Grind Wedges | 48°, 52° & 58° and 60° Hi-Toe (True Temper Project X 7.0)
TP Collection Copper Soto Prototype Putter - coming 4/20
TP5x Golf Ball (#22)