Darren Fichardt Wins the Joburg Open and Claims the SEVENTH Consecutive Worldwide Tour Win for the TaylorMade M Family
Darren Fichardt birdied the last hole of the shortened 54-hole Joburg Open to claim his fifth European Tour title. Fichardt, playing the all-new 2017 M2 Driver, also secures the SEVENTH consecutive global Tour win TaylorMade Golf's 2017 M Drivers.
Fichardt with his 2017 M2 Driver (Getty Images)
With the All-New 2017 M2 Driver (9.5 Mitsubishi Rayon 70-X) in the bag, Fichardt ranked 7th in driving distance and driving accuracy this week. Since switching into his new Driver in Dubai, Fichardt has gained 5 yards over his previous Driver (2016 M2 Driver) and gained +2 mph in ballspeed.
This Driver doesn't miss! I can be aggressive off the tee whenever I want to - just another fairway hit!
With this win:
- This win secures Fichardt entry into the 146th Open Championship at Royal Birkdale.
- TaylorMade was the #1 Driver brand at the Joburg Open, with 42% of the field playing a TaylorMade driver (89 drivers in play versus the nearest competitor with 53).
- Gaming the all-new 2017 M2 Driver, Fichardt secures his 21st win as a professional.
- This win gives Fichardt a European Tour exemption until the end of the 2018 season.
- His fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 332nd official European Tour event.
- Victory comes in his 11th appearance in the Joburg Open. (Has played in every Joburg Open since the event began in 2007).
- Becomes the seventh winner to lead or share the lead going into the final round this season.
- Continues with his 100% winning record of winning all five of his European Tour titles when leading or sharing the lead going into the final round.