Si Woo Kim Claims Second Career Win Using Bag Filled with TaylorMade's New Metalwoods, Irons & Golf Ball
21-year-old Kim rises above elite field at THE PLAYERS Championship to capture 2nd career PGA TOUR victory and yet another for Team TaylorMade as company's momentum on Tour surges into Summer
Si Woo Kim plays a bag filled with '17 M1 metalwoods (M1, M1 & M1), P770 & 750 irons and TP5x, the TOUR's only 5-layer ball, and the same ball available at retailers worldwide
What You Need To Know:
- Kim's victory is the 17th in 20 weeks on global tours for TaylorMade's new '17 drivers, far outpacing the next closest manufacturer.
- With 62 in play (42.8%), TaylorMade again dominated the driver count at THE PLAYERS.
- Kim plays the all-new '17 M1 460 driver, which he first put into play at the Tournament of Champions in January. He has it shafted with a MRC Tensei Blue TX, his normal go-to setup this season. Off the tee, he averaged 306 yards this weekend, more than 10 yards higher than the field average.
- Kim plays a combination set of the P750 & P770 irons, opting for the 3-4 in the P770 & 5-9 in the P750. Both are equipped with KBS Tour-V 125 shafts. He's had this setup since the Waste Management Open in February.
- Including Kim, 5 of the top 10 finishers gamed TaylorMade drivers at the tournament.
- Kim is the youngest-ever winner of THE PLAYERS.
- This was the sixth win this season on the PGA TOUR for the new TP5/TP5X ball and 8th global victory, with Kim joining Sergio Garcia, Dustin Johnson and Jon Rahm, among others, who've won with TaylorMade's new golf ball. He first put the ball into play at the Tournament of Champions.
Si Woo Kim's winning bag at THE PLAYERS:
- '17 M1 460 Driver / 8.5* / MCA Tensei Blue TX
- '17 M1 Fairway / 15* / MCA Kuro Kage Dual TiNi 80TX
- '17 M1 Fairway / 19* /Matrix Speed Rulz 80C TX
- P750 Tour Proto Irons / 5-9 / KBS Tour-V 125
- P770 Irons / 3-4 / KBS Tour-V 125
Also of note, while not in the bag of Kim, Spider was once again the No.1 putter model this week, continuing its trend as the hottest putter on Tour.
The PGA TOUR does not endorse TaylorMade or its products.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment and golf balls and a major force on the PGA TOUR. With industry-leading innovative products like M1/M2 metalwoods, M1/M2 irons and TP5 golf balls, TaylorMade has one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, with six players in the current Top 12 in the world. Key athletes include world no.1 Dustin Johnson, world no.2 Rory McIlroy, world no.3 Jason Day, Masters champion Sergio Garcia, Olympic champion Justin Rose and world no.12 PGA TOUR rookie Jon Rahm.