Jon Rahm Captures Farmers Insurance Open for First Career Victory on PGA TOUR Armed with New M Metalwoods, P750 Irons, Milled Grind Wedges & TP5x Golf Ball
Rahm's Maiden Victory on the PGA TOUR Projected to Elevate Him to 7th in Early FedExCup Point Standings
The second event of the West Coast swing provided all the drama you'd expect with a field packed with the best players in the world. In the end, it was TaylorMade Tour staffer Jon Rahm who pulled away and emerged victorious on the South Course at picturesque Torrey Pines, carding two eagles on the back nine to claim the tournament title - his first on the PGA TOUR. With the win, the 22-year-old also punches his ticket to Augusta.
Jon Rahm in his all-new 2017 M2 Driver
What You Need To Know:
- Rahm’s win is the 3rd worldwide and 2nd on the PGA Tour this year for TaylorMade's 2017 M drivers, joining Hudson Swafford, who won last week's Career Builder Championship.
- Rahm plays the 2017 M2 Driver set to 10.5* one click lower with an Aldila Tour Green TX 75 shaft. This is his second week with it in the bag, having added it last week at the CBC. His feedback to the Tour team was that he liked both the new M1 & M2, but benefited from the forgiveness and consistency of the M2.
- TaylorMade had 48.4% driver & 46% fairway wood counts at Torrey, both of which led all manufacturers by substantial margins.
- Rahm averaged 296.5 yards off the tee and led the field in strokes gained: off the tee for the tournament.
- Rahm also claimed the first global victory for the new TP5x golf ball, which he switched into at last week's Career Builder Challenge. TP5 and Tp5x golf balls are available on March 3.
- Rahm also played the new P750 Tour Proto irons, which he first added to his bag last week. He has Project X 6.5 shafts throughout the set.
- Rahm's short game brilliance this week was aided by the new yet-to-be-released Milled Grind wedges, which are also new to Rahm's bag. His setup is a traditional 52/56/60*, also with PX 6.5 shafts.
- Rahm, who putted brilliantly throughout the week, recently switched into the new Spider Tour Red - the same model played by World #1 and TaylorMade stablemate Jason Day. Rahm's 1.593 strokes gained: putting was more than a full point higher than the field.
In Rahm's Bag at Torrey Pines
- '17 M2 Driver / 10.5* / Aldila Tour Green TX 75
- '17 M1 Fairway / 15* / Aldila Tour Green TX 75
- '17 M1 Fairway / 19* / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8x
- P750 Tour Proto Irons / 5-9, PW / Project X 6.5
- RSi TP UDI #4 / Project X 6.5
- Milled Grind Wedges / 52, 56 & 60 / Project X 6.5
- Spider Tour Red Putter
- TP5x Golf Ball
- Tour Preferred Glove
- Tour New Era 9Fifty Headwear
Jon Rahm tests the new TP5X Ball
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment and golf balls and a major force on the PGA TOUR. With industry-leading innovative products like M1/M2 metalwoods, M1/M2 irons and TP5 golf balls, TaylorMade has one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, with six players in the current Top 12 in the world. Key athletes include world no.1 Dustin Johnson, world no.2 Rory McIlroy, world no.3 Jason Day, Masters champion Sergio Garcia, Olympic champion Justin Rose and world no.12 PGA TOUR rookie Jon Rahm.