Dustin Johnson Dominates BMW Championship with M1 Special Edition Driver & New Spider Limited Putter
Johnson Projected to Elevate to Top Spot in FedExCup Point Standings Entering Tour Championship
Following a course record 63 in Friday's second round, Dustin Johnson continued his display of prodigious distance off the tee with the M1 Special Edition driver and one of the best putting performances of the season with his new Spider Limited putter at Crooked Stick, running away from the field on Sunday his 12th career win on the PGA TOUR and third of the season, matching stablemate Jason Day for most on Tour. He is projected to lift to #1 in the FedExCup Standings.
What You Need To Know:
- Johnson’s win is the 13th on Tour this year for TaylorMade's M drivers.
- Johnson plays the M1 Special Edition Driver at 10.5* loft with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight).
- TaylorMade had 39.1% driver & 36.9% fairway wood counts at the BMW Championship, both of which led all manufacturers.
- Long a player of a traditional blade putter, Johnson switched into the new Spider Limited putter this week, paying immediate dividends on the greens (finishing 2nd in SG: putting for the tournament). After playing the first two rounds of the DBC with Jason Day, DJ arrived at Crooked Stick and requested to test a similar Spider Limited putter. He tested an all-red and an all-black version, opting for the all-black prior to Thursday's opening round.
- Johnson plays the Tour Preferred X Golf Ball, which has 9 wins on the PGA TOUR this season and is also played by 4 of the top 12 players in the OWGR.
- Johnson led the field in driving distance (319.3) and putts per GIR (1.519).
- Since the start of the 2013 PGA TOUR season, Johnson has the most weeks ranked inside the top 30 in the standings (130).
- M1 Special Edition Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X shaft (D4 swingweight)
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- M1 Fairway / 19* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) Irons / 3-9, PW / True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Wedges / 52* & 60* (Tour Grind) / KBS Tour Wedge 130X Black Nickel
- adidas Golf apparel
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M3 / M4 metalwoods, M3 / M4 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is the #1 Driver in Golf and also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.