Dustin Johnson Stages Monumental Comeback at Oakmont, Wins 116th U.S. Open Championship For First Career Major Title
From four shots back, Johnson overpowers Oakmont using bag filled with TaylorMade Metalwoods, Irons & Golf Ball and wearing adidas Golf footwear & apparel.
What You Need to Know:
- Johnson's win is the 8th this year for TaylorMade's M drivers and 5th in the last 6 weeks (also: Day, Garcia, McGirt & Berger).
- Johnson plays a 10.5* M1 driver (set to 11*) with a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X. He has both weights centered (neutral position). He first put into play at the '15 BMW Championship.
- Johnson's M1 fairway is a 16.5* HL with both weights toward the toe to help to hit the fade he plays with the majority of his shots.
- With the win, Johnson has emerged victorious in each of his first nine seasons on the PGA TOUR (the longest current streak)
- Johnson has now finished in the top 12 in eight of his last nine major championship starts.
- To take advantage of Oakmont's speedy fairways, Johnson swapped his M1 fairway wood 5-wood this week for a UDI #2. He has Project X's HZRDUS Black 105 on it, which he added just this week.
- Johnson's win marks the 8th win for the TOUR360 Boost this year.
- Climbs to #3 in the OWGR.
In Johnson's U.S. Open Championship Bag:
- M1 Driver / 10.5* / Fujikura Speeder Evolution 2.0 Tour Spec 661X / 45.75" / D4 swingweight
- M1 Fairway / 17* / Aldila RIP Alpha 90X
- UDI (#2) / Project X HZRDUS Black 105X
- Tour Preferred MB ('14) 3-PW / True Temper DG Tour Issue X100
- Tour Preferred EF Satin Chrome Wedges (52 & 60 degrees) / KBS Tour 130X Black Nickel
- Tour Preferred X ('14) Golf Ball (#1: in aspiration of one-putting every hole)
Johnson also wore adidas Golf footwear and apparel throughout the week. Take a look at his styles by clicking here.
- Throughout the week, Johnson wore two different adidas Golf polos, the climacool gradient polo and the climacool performance polo, both of which utilize climacool technology for zonal cooling.
- His polos were paired with the ultimate pant, which features a stretch waistband with silicone gripper, moisture-wicking and water resistant stretch fabrication.
- Johnson laced up TOUR360 Boost footwear featuring full-length BOOST™ cushioning, an improved 360WRAP, and a dual-density 10-cleat puremotion® TPU outsole.
Download PDFDownload PDF
About TaylorMade Golf
About TaylorMade Golf Company
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, TaylorMade Golf is a leading manufacturer of high performance golf equipment with industry-leading innovative products like M3 / M4 metalwoods, M3 / M4 irons and TP5/TP5X golf balls. TaylorMade is the #1 Driver in Golf and also a major force on the PGA TOUR with one of the strongest athlete portfolios in golf, that includes world no.1 Dustin Johnson and five of the current Top 15 in the world.